The Mission & Service Ministry Team shall, in consultation with the Rector and other relevant staff, be responsible for the following:
1. Develop a plan, to be recommended for adoption by the Vestry on an annual basis, for the engagement of members of the congregation in opportunities that will support individuals/families/communities in need [note: this plan is not meant to exclude opportunities that may arise during the course of the year but should assist with overall congregation planning]
· Priorities for support will generally be addressed in the Five Marks of Mission which are widely used throughout the Episcopal Church.
· Priorities for support may be local/regional, national or international
· Priorities for support will be those that provide for participation by a large number of parishioners, and whenever possible, be inter-generational
· Priorities for support will generally be addressed in the Five Marks of Mission which are widely used throughout the Episcopal Church
· Support may be in the form of financial assistance and/or parishioners serving as volunteers [for example, providing “hands on” labor; material goods such as food and basic needs items; personal skilled, professional assistance; etc.]
· As appropriate, the annual plan will align with priorities identified in any long-term, strategic plan of the congregation
2. Develop recommendations for inclusion in the annual parish budget that relate to Mission & Service Ministry work [note: these recommendations are to include opportunities for revenue as well as expenses]
3. Develop strategies and engage in activities of advocacy to address long-term, systemic public policies that negatively impact the lives of individuals/families/communities.