top of page
St. Paul's is excited to partner with A Tiny Home For Good--a local organization that provide safe, affordable, and dignified housing for men and women coming out of the shelter system. Stay tuned for details on how our partnership may grow. In the meantime, check out this article from the Post Standard. Click on the link below.
The Mission & Service Ministry Team shall, in consultation with the Rector and other relevant staff, be responsible for the following:
1. Develop a plan, to be recommended for adoption by the Vestry on an annual basis, for the engagement of members of the congregation in opportunities that will support individuals/families/communities in need [note: this plan is not meant to exclude opportunities that may arise during the course of the year but should assist with overall congregation planning]
· Priorities for support will generally be addressed in the Five Marks of Mission which are widely used throughout the Episcopal Church.
· Priorities for support may be local/regional, national or international
· Priorities for support will be those that provide for participation by a large number of parishioners, and whenever possible, be inter-generational
· Priorities for support will generally be addressed in the Five Marks of Mission which are widely used throughout the Episcopal Church
· Support may be in the form of financial assistance and/or parishioners serving as volunteers [for example, providing “hands on” labor; material goods such as food and basic needs items; personal skilled, professional assistance; etc.]
· As appropriate, the annual plan will align with priorities identified in any long-term, strategic plan of the congregation
2. Develop recommendations for inclusion in the annual parish budget that relate to Mission & Service Ministry work [note: these recommendations are to include opportunities for revenue as well as expenses]
3. Develop strategies and engage in activities of advocacy to address long-term, systemic public policies that negatively impact the lives of individuals/families/communities.
bottom of page